Thursday, December 02, 2010

Frankfurter/Sausage Sauce

Both were my favourites as a kid, but when I grew older - I noticed that my parent's way of doing it got... well too bland for my taste. Though we can also blame my culinary schooling for that as well. So here is the way I do both!

TIME: Around 10 minutes

INGREDIENTS
pack of frankfurters/Sausages
2 yellow onions
2 cloves of garlic
140 gr pureed tomato
1 meat stock cube (additional: Veal Fondue)
water

Chilli powder
Cayenne pepper (optional! and be careful with it.)
ground pepper
Paprika powder

DIRECTIONS
1. Chop down the onions and garlic cloves, and throw them into pan with oil.
2. Cut the frankfurters/sausages in small pieces and throw them on the pan as well.
3. Cook until the frankfurters/sausages has got bit of colour (avoid black, yes yes for slight brown!)
4. Pour water on the pan, add spices and throw in the meat stock cube, and mix it, until the cube melts fully into the water. Let it stir until the water amount is at least half of before.
5. Add in the pureed tomato and mix well, and let it pour in low heat for a while.

Serve with:
Boiled Potatoes
Potato Mash
Pasta

No comments: