I am particularly in loev with Mashed Potatoes, but even I sometimes need bit of change to things I eat.
TIME: around 30 minutes
INGREDIENTS PART I
2 lbs/1 kg Potatoes
1. Turn the stove on
2. Wash and peel the potatoes
3. Throw them in a cold water, with bit of salt in it and put on a stove to boil, until you can actually "mash" the potatoes with fork. (HINT! Smaller chops, the faster them cook.)
4. Move to do the Ingredients part 2
INGREDIENTS PART II
1 1/4 oz/40 gr Butter
1 1/4 oz/40 gr All-purpose Flours (Alternative: 3/4 oz Rice flours)
1 1/4 cup/3 dl Milk
Grounded black pepper
1. Take a medium sized fry pan and heat it up
2. Apply butter to the pan, and let it fry
3. Add flours and mix with the butter well, do not let it go brown!
4. Add milk and whisk it well, and before doing this - turn down the heat from the stove.
5. Mix until the mixture thickens up and take off from stove.
6. Mash the potatoes with eletronical mixer (be cautious with the texture! It shouldn't be like glue.)
7. Pour the just done sauce over the potatoes, with the spices and mix it up.
And thus you are done.
If you want bit of variations to this, you can add some cooked spinach to mix or do half with other vegetables such as: sweet potato, cauliflower, brocolli and so forth.